Psalms, Proverbs Psalm 101
Promises To God
#23--Steps to Peace
We come to You again, thanking You that You are God and You love us.
We thank You that Your love is never ending. Your faithfulness is so awesome.
Your gentleness is something to be cherished.
We praise You that You care about us, even the smallest details of our lives are important to You.
Lord, I repent of being complacent and lukewarm about You.
Forgive me, for not being passionate about who You are and what You mean to me.
Help me to be the woman You created me to be; not the woman the world wants me to be.
Not the woman the devil keeps trying to make me be.
Let me be about Your business and serving and loving You and Your people.
Lord we want to pray Psalm 101, verses 1-8, for us today. They read:
- We will sing of Your love and justice, Lord. We will praise You with songs.
- We will be careful to live blameless lives, when will You come to help us?
- We will lead lives of integrity in our homes.
- We refuse to look at anything vile and vulgar.
- We will hate all crooked dealings; and we will have nothing to do with them.
- We will reject perverse ideas and stay away from every evil.
- We will not tolerate people who slander their neighbors.
- We will not endure conceit and pride.
- We will search for faithful people to be our companions.
- Only those who are above reproach will be allowed to help us.
- We will not allow deceivers to serve in our house, and liars will not stay in our presence.
- Our daily tasks will be to ferret out the wicked and free the city of the Lord from their grip.
Lord, thank You for Your Word. Help us to love as You love.
Your Word says that they will know we are Your disciples because we have love one for another.
Let everything we do be done with love.
Help us to love those who are crooked, and have perverse ideas, help us to love the arrogant and proud.
Help me especially, Lord, to speak with them in a way that is honoring to You.
Help me Lord, to lead them closer to You.
Help me Lord, to be an example of You, that they will know that it is something special to be Your intimate friend.
Show me clearer how to ferret out the wicked that they might not control this land.
Let us be bold warriors for Your kingdom; that our lives may count for something in all eternity.
Let us not waste the time You have given to us, but
to ever be mindful of Your love and that so many people are going to hell and don't even know it.
Forgive the church for being so lukewarm and set us on fire!!!!
In the mighty name of Jesus, Amen.
With God’s love, Judy